Fibromyalgia syndrome chronic fatigue is linked to toxicity and low levels of vital minerals such as magnesium sulphate. Epsom salts are a good way to increase magnesium levels and help with detoxification.
While Dead Sea Salts have benefits, they are mainly made from magnesium chloride which does not promote liver detoxification. Epsom salts are made of magnesium sulphate. The best way to enjoy the benefits of these salts is to pour them into a bath and soak inside of it, allowing their properties to be absorbed through the skin. Scientific studies show that a 15 minute bath at 50ºC with a 1% solution of Epsom Salts can significantly increase levels of magnesium and sulphate levels in the blood stream, with an increase in magnesium excretion in the urine.
To achieve a 1% solution, a standard UK bath of 15 gallons requires 600grams, (just over a 1lb) of Epsom Salts. The water should feel slightly soapy. Generally, there are no side effects, but those with Fibromyalgia Syndrome Chronic Fatigue can start on smaller amounts of Epsom Salts and build up to the 1lb per 15 gallons.
Magnesium has been found to be deficient in many people who have Fibromyalgia Syndrome Chronic Fatigue. Oral supplements are sometimes not so easily absorbed, so baths can be a better option.
Magnesium deficiency can cause the following symptoms:
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Muscle twitches
- Muscle tension, tremors and spasms
- Irregular heart beat
Sulphates are very helpful in detoxifying the liver. The liver detoxifies in two phases, and sulphur is very important in the second phase of liver detoxification. This pathway can come depleted by overuse of certain drugs or exposure to toxins, as well as from molybdenum deficiency.
An under-functioning sulphate pathway could result in the following:
- Inability to detoxify
- Unable to metabolise oestrogen leading hormonal problems
- Inability to metabolise histamine leading to imbalances in this neurotransmitter
- Inability to metabolise certain food additives causing multiple food intolerances that are often found in people who have Fibromyalgia Syndrome Chronic Fatigue
- Gut ecology imbalances
- Unable to metabolise many neurotransmitters, steroids and thyroid hormones, leading to imbalances in these neurotransmitters and hormones
The Benefits of Epsom Salts for People who have Fibromyalgia Syndrome Chronic Fatigue Include:
- Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps in those who have Fibromyalgia Syndrome Chronic Fatigue
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.